Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Guess what? I'm 25! I had an extra-wonderful birthday this year for a plethora of reasons:

1. Aaron came up to visit.

2. We savored a brunch at The Spyglass Inn with BFFs Josh and Heidi.

3. The Wine Library at Trilogy (my parents' residential clubhouse) opened; providing free nibbles, wine and live music.

4. Dad cooked a moist Santa Maria Style tri-tip and Mom made her famous baked rice.

5. Mom prepared a yummy cake in the shape of a book -so cute! (We've been watching a lot of Ace of Cakes - she says the show makes it look easy.)

6. Aaron and I went to the drive-in with a bag full of my favorite snacks. Batman may not have been my first choice, but it was a lot of fun!

7. Great presents - accesories, lotion, a cookbook and other fun goodies from my parents, an iPod Nano from Aaron, a bottle of Paso Robles Merlot from Greg, a cute frame from Heidi, the Barbara Walters memoir from Monica ... and more!

8. I got so, so, so many calls from friends and family. I am glad that I am keeping in better touch with the people I love. It is so nice to know I am loved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your 25th birthday with us!
mom & dad

BruceandBarbara said...

And you definitely are loved!!! The Cleaver clan is crazy about you! I'm glad your day was fun!
Auntie B

Heidi said...

I am so glad we got to be apart of your special day! It was great seeing you two, now we are looking forward to seeing you in our neck of the woods!! Can't wait!

Heidi said...

Update, Update, Update!!!!!!

BruceandBarbara said...

Ok Ems, I know you have been crazy busy training for your new job and planning for a wedding (not to mention having a cold...oh, I just mentioned it!) BUT I would really like to see a picture of your ring!! We will be down next weekend so maybe I can see it then. Can't wait to talk to you!
Auntie B