Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Happy Birthday to Me!
Guess what? I'm 25! I had an extra-wonderful birthday this year for a plethora of reasons:
1. Aaron came up to visit.
2. We savored a brunch at The Spyglass Inn with BFFs Josh and Heidi.
3. The Wine Library at Trilogy (my parents' residential clubhouse) opened; providing free nibbles, wine and live music.
4. Dad cooked a moist Santa Maria Style tri-tip and Mom made her famous baked rice.
5. Mom prepared a yummy cake in the shape of a book -so cute! (We've been watching a lot of Ace of Cakes - she says the show makes it look easy.)
6. Aaron and I went to the drive-in with a bag full of my favorite snacks. Batman may not have been my first choice, but it was a lot of fun!
7. Great presents - accesories, lotion, a cookbook and other fun goodies from my parents, an iPod Nano from Aaron, a bottle of Paso Robles Merlot from Greg, a cute frame from Heidi, the Barbara Walters memoir from Monica ... and more!
8. I got so, so, so many calls from friends and family. I am glad that I am keeping in better touch with the people I love. It is so nice to know I am loved.