Friday, May 22, 2009
Happy Anniversary Ambroses!
My best friend got married FIVE YEARS ago! We were just kids! What were they thinking? Just kidding - they are a great example of a fabulous, loving couple. And since they were high school sweethearts, it really was perfect timing.
I wanted to send them an anniversary card, but ran out of time! (Not a very good maid of honor) So I figured I would post a digital card here on my blog. Here are a few memories from that day:
- Going to the salon with Heidi to get her hair done. It was just the two of us so I really enjoyed that time together. (Sorry that didn't happen on my wedding day Heidi!)
- Taking her wedding night tote bag to the hotel. (what an organized bride!)
- Getting my hair done at the church . . . oh yeah, by THE BRIDE! Poor Heidi got put to work just hours before her wedding. She did my hair for so many events in High School, it only seemed natural.
- Holding back tears during the ceremony - I loved the slideshow and music.
- Driving the bride and groom to the reception, along with Josh's brother. Heidi's dress was huge and took over most of the car.
- Dancing, eating and having fun at the reception! Years of dreaming and planning brought to fruition - woo hoo!
Those are all fun memories, but the most important thing to know is that Josh and Heidi are a great couple - they are both friends and teammates. They have been able to grow together, which can't be easy when you start dating at 16/17. I am glad to have an example of a good wife. We love getting together with them whenever possible - which is never enough.
I love you both!