Friday, October 16, 2009
Okay, I was on the AMAZING AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com and I seriously injured myself in two places laughing so hard. Aaron didn't quite see the humor, but I had tears streaming down my face and I think I pulled a muscle in my neck, along with both sides of my jaw hurting. Whoever said laughter is the best medicine did not realize how hazardous it can be.
Note how she is actually POSING for the picture, with sort of a passive-agressive smile. Hysterical. A few captions (some are my own original thoughts, some inspired by comments on the site):
1. The really creepy part is that Grandma is dead. And boy is she pissed about the hot young new grandma.
2. One word: Agoraphobia.
3. "Dad, I don't want to hurt Mom's feelings, but I'd like a picture of just the two of us."
4. Who let Aunt Bertha out of the basement?
5. "I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan!"
6. Poor Aunt Hilda has Swine Flu and has been quarentined
7. "I never miss a photo op!"
8. "Step right up and get your picture with an old guy! Wait behind the door until your number is called."
9. The Grandma is actually just a cardboard cutout, like that guy in Three Men and a Baby that everyone said was a ghost.
10. The family prefers not to discuss Nana's house arrest. It's a delicate subject.